Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Preview...Little Yellow Bicycle 'Frightful' Collection

Here's the layout I promised in the last edition of the newsletter. Better late than never is my theory on this one! Getting Laney ready for school and helping Jake through teething have been taking priority the last couple weeks. But I did finally get a chance to make a layout with Little Yellow Bicycle's Frightful Collection. We received one sheet of each paper and a package of each embellishment to play with. Check out the whole collection on the Little Yellow Bicycle website http://www.mylyb.com/frightful. We'll have the collection in the store just in time for Halloween. I loved using the double sided papers (one of my favorite things in my new "use all the pattern you can" phase). I used the Cricut to cut the circles. I even sketched this layout before starting, a first for me. But, as is always the case with me, I used my creative license...even on my own sketch. I just can't leave well-enough alone, no matter what layout I try to "scraplift," I can't help but alter it to fit my needs and my own personal style. Give it a try the next time you "borrow" a layout from another scrapper. We all have our own personal style, no matter how creative you feel you are. There are things you like to do on your pages that are different from anyone else's. Try to incorporate some of those things in your next layout, whether or not you take it from the latest issue of Sketches. That layout will become your own. Just a little change like this will help the creativity in you shine through and soon, all your layouts will be unique to you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails